We went to the pediatrician and here are his 2 week stats:
Weight: 6 lbs, 11 oz (the 8th percentile for weight...we need to fatten him up!!)
Height: 21 inches (the 67th percentile for height...can you say tall and slim like daddy??!)
I cannot even express the relief that he has gained weight...at last week's check up he only weighed 6 lbs 5 oz...however I'm still overwhelmed by my mission to get this boy to grow!
Kaden has been such a joy...a perfect baby! He hardly ever cries and is content as long as he is being held...we are sure this won't last long and are wary of the day our luck runs out!
Here are some cute things about Kaden that we've recorded since bringing him home:
- Kaden LOVES to breast-feed. If he could he would be suckin all night long. Most the time he isn’t even eating, he just loves to be next to mommy.
- Kaden LOVEs to be held, he will squirm and wiggles for and hour and the minute you pick him up he will immediately fall asleep. At nighttime dad will take Kaden and sleep with him on the couch, with Kaden snuggled into his chest, and mom sometimes can’t resist and will bring him into bed to sleep next to her.
- Kaden is always pursing his lips and furrowing his brow, leading us to believe he will be a great thinker :)
- Kaden can only sleep with his arms above his head and loves to suck his fingers
- Kaden kicks like crazy when you change his diaper, as though he were trying to run away
- Kaden’s little giblets always find a way to peak out of the diaper where he manages to shoot a stream of pee straight out of the diaper, no matter what we do he finds a way to pee all over everyone without getting himself wet!
- Kaden has really skinny legs and super strong arms, just like his dad.
- Kaden is such a good baby. He only whimpers and that is only when he is hungry. When he got his heal pricked, he furrowed his brow and that was it.
-Kaden turns his head when he hears mommy and daddy’s voices---he is even recognizing Grandma Taylor’s voiceJ
-Kaden loves to snuggle in the fetal position on mommy’s chest
-Kaden makes his “owl” face and it is the cutest thing in the world.
Thoughts about Parenthood:
-I’ve never felt such overwhelming love or overwhelming fatigue
-I feel guilty for leaving to go to the store
-I can sit and stare at him for hours
-I’m a nervous wreck
-I cry if he cries
-Never before have I been so content to just sit and stare at him all day—absorbing how beautiful each little piece of him is: eyes, nose, ears, and all fingers and toes. He is my miracle!