Sunday, August 3, 2014

More Utah Fun!

Honestly, Utah, can you get any better?!?! This week the weather has been AWESOME! I personally love the rain and the cool breezes we've been getting. I heard its been the coolest July in Utah for thirty years...not sure of the source but I believe it! It's been so nice!

Also, I'm continually impressed by everything there is to do for kids here! We've loved doing splash pads, 7 peaks, pioneer festival, playing with cousin Claire, and simply being OUTSIDE. Kaden is in heaven as long as he is outside. We've had so much fun playing, just missing Ben so much! This week Ben started his away rotation in Oregon and it feels like a harsh slap in the face to have him gone again. It seems like our moments together always go way too fast! Once all our rotations are over he has interviews and we will be apart a lot again. I'm just getting anxious to get life back to normal, though that probably won't happen until we match for Residency in MARCH! Ah! I am so anxious not to be husband-less or home-less anymore!

Anyway, here are some more of the fun things we've been up to!

First Campout!!!


Kaden and Claire eating marshmallows:




Paddle Boarding and Canoeing on a double date w/ Rachel and Steve (bummer you can't see our faces)



Me getting a good workout trying to propel myself on that thing! haha


Ben and Steve trying out Sailing...too bad the wind was gone:(


Kaden eating fistfuls of blackberries:



Pioneer days Petting Zoo:



Playing outside in the rain (Kaden has the best bed-head hair!):







Eating Soap in the Tub---Kaden loves baths so much he will cry and cry to be put in there



Don't mind the no make up look in these next pics! ha! Running my 10k race---my fastest time ever and I won first place for women 20-24!! 4th place in women's and 11th place overall.


Perfect overcast morning!


My motivation to get to the finish line!



Most of you know that I competed ballroom and danced all growing up. While I still love and adore dance, there is something so refreshingly straight forward about running. You are either faster than the other person or you aren't. There isn't any politics, costumes, or judges you are worrying about pleasing. It isn't subjective, and nothing depends on your dance partner or if your dance routines are exciting enough or whether that judge saw you in that one split second. It is only about YOU, pushing yourself as hard as you can go. You are in control of the outcome; what you put into running you get out of it. I love the no nonsense of it. I can't wait to start getting into it more!! Now to train for my half marathon coming up!! Yikes!


We have one more week of Utah and then we join the Hubby in Portland! Woot! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment