Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's a BOY!!!


Wow. Yesterday was incredible. It was the first day in such a long time where I was actually feeling better. I only threw up two times the whole day! They were in the early morning and I was almost nausea-free after lunch. It was such a blessing. I was so grateful that I was feeling good because we had a little party that night where Ben revealed our baby's gender to me. We invited friends from med school and friends from church and had cookies and milk for treats. I was really nervous all day. I had been convinced it was a boy since the day I knew I was pregnant and have had dozens of experiences where I've felt that it was a boy and I was worried that once I knew the gender for sure I would be disappointed...not in the gender, but in myself for having "feelings" that were wrong. But sure enough!! Momma knows best and it is a boy!! I am so ecstatic to have a son. I had always wanted an older brother and now all my other kids will have a wonderful big brother. I also know that ben will be gone a lot through school and his career and it will be awesome to have another man in the house:) My joy is really beyond words and the love I have for this baby boy is overwhelmingly sacred. I am so excited to be a mother and to have a son! I can't wait!!!!

This is how Ben told me it is a boy:

The funny thing was the VERY first thought I had when I saw it was a boy was that if this was in older days, like in the days of King Henry the 8th, I wouldn't be beheaded!!! I've been reading too many novels lately! Bahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment