Monday, January 28, 2013

I can't wait!!!

So it has been awhile since we found out we are having a little BOY!.I honestly can't wait!!! This pregnancy seems to take forever! I feel like the days and weeks go by so slow...but I know I need to enjoy each phase. I still have really bad vomiting days but they are NOT every day all day now, so I get a few days every now and then where I feel great! Hopefully as time goes on the sick days will disappear altogether.

During one of my sickest days I decided to write what I was excited about for this baby--just to help get my mind off my misery. It kind of turned poetic...kind of:) Read if you'd like!!!

 I Can't Wait:


I can’t wait until I feel that uncontrollable, desperate love a mother has for her child. 
I can’t wait for those tiny flutters of you, kicking and swirling around. 
I can’t wait to feel those swollen ankles, indigestion, and poking-out belly just so I know you’re there, growing. 
I can’t wait for those intense moments as I undergo pain like unto death to give you life. 
I can’t wait to hear your first cry as your voice announces your arrival. 
I can’t wait to see your face for the first time; to look into your eyes, at your perfect nose, and tiny hands, and know that you are mine. 
I can’t wait to smell you, to rub my nose against your soft cheek, and to hold you close. 
I can’t wait to feel your chest rise and fall with mine as you take your first breaths. 
I can’t wait to take you home for the first time, to have you alone at last!
I can’t wait to change your first diaper and to clean your first mess…its just proof that you are healthy! 
I can’t wait for those sleepless nights, for I am the only one who can keep you safe, for you are mine.

I can’t wait for all the firsts. You are my first in every way and I will be there with you as you first discover the world.
I can’t wait for your first laugh, your first tremble, your first bitter tears. 
I can’t wait to see your face as you first try solid food. 
I can’t wait to learn your fears, your joys, your comforts and your pains. 
I can’t wait for those first toothy grins, and those first shaky steps, and to know I am the one who catches you when you fall, for you are mine.

I can’t wait for your first rainstorm. 
I can’t wait for your discovery of ladybugs and the feel of sunshine on your skin. 
I can’t wait for you to grow excited at airplanes and scared of vacuums. 
I can’t wait for you to first see trees, sky, and soft green grass. 
I can’t wait for the first uttered words that only I can understand. 
I can’t wait for your arms to reach up to me when you are tired. 
I can’t wait for your little fingers to first feel the roughage of a sidewalk, or silkiness of a kitty’s fur. 
I can’t wait to endlessly pick up thrown cheerios and carrots as I discover what you like to eat. 
I can’t wait for your grocery store tantrums, and nightmare filled nights. 
I can’t wait to be your mother, the one person to comfort you and love you despite it all...for you are mine

I can’t wait for your first bruise, your first band-aid, and your first disappointment.  
I can't wait for your first best friend, your first tree house, and your first adventure.
I can’t wait to see you first kick a soccer ball, first baseball game, and your first big win!
I can’t wait to walk into the living room and see you sitting there, tousled hair and scrunched pajamas, sitting with a bowl of fruit loops, lazily watching Saturday morning cartoons. 
I can’t wait to watch your daddy teach you to tie your shoes and to ride a bike.
I can't wait to know what makes you happy, to know what you love in the world. 
I can’t wait to see you struggle; to see you try and fail, and then see you learn to succeed. 
I can’t wait to be this special witness of your life, from most precious beginning, to when you think you’re all grown, and then to when you realize you're not grown at all. 
I can’t wait for you, I can’t wait for our life together, and I can’t wait for the privilege to call you mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment